Ability for Administrators to set Patch Policy to Run Once

Idea ID 2788371

Ability for Administrators to set Patch Policy to Run Once

I am experiencing a problem with Patch Policy requesting multiple restarts of customer's systems after the policy(ies) have ran and the customer has already restarted their system previously. This is creating a lack of faith in the product with my Customer's having Patch Policy run. I would like to be able to set the policy to where it only runs one time per device. What I think is happening is I am getting failed distribution of some of the patches and it goes back in and tries to rerun the failed patch. I've also noticed my status is Partial Success on these devices when I check the relationship. I want Policy to only run the one time and then I will go back and look at the error messages, if it generates one, and then take the appropriate action to correct the error.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.