Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

block patch policy inheritance

Idea ID 2787010

block patch policy inheritance

Need an option to block inheritance of patch policy for specific devices (like it is possible in bundle-assignments)

Challenge:
Have some workstations here, which still need an older firefox version. So want to block the "mozilla patch policy" (which is assignt to all workstations) for these specific devices.
2 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I add a Filter within my Dynamic Group (create a special group) to exclude devices using Device - Host Name, Does not Contain, PC NAME (add the device name). Hope this helps and works for you as it does for me.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
As I look back on this, I now see a fault in my comment. It would take a lot of work doing it my way if you are talking of trying to exclude a lot of devices from this policy. A new group might be the way, identifying, if possible devices that should only use the older Firefox version. Good luck.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.