mmoshcs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Custom patches not appearing

I've created a bundle to deploy the latest version of photoshop, since we've recently purchased ZPM I though I'd give a custom patch a try.

When to the patch page and hit new, followed the prompts which are all self explanatory, however the patch never appears in the patch list, looking in zcc.log I couldn't see anything at the time so I'm lost where I can even begin to find out why, I've tried rebooting the primary server and using a different one to make the patch

Running 2017 U2a

Thanks for any help
0 Likes
6 Replies
bradshawc
New Member.

Re: Custom patches not appearing

mmoshcs;2480460 wrote:
I've created a bundle to deploy the latest version of photoshop, since we've recently purchased ZPM I though I'd give a custom patch a try.

When to the patch page and hit new, followed the prompts which are all self explanatory, however the patch never appears in the patch list, looking in zcc.log I couldn't see anything at the time so I'm lost where I can even begin to find out why, I've tried rebooting the primary server and using a different one to make the patch

Running 2017 U2a

Thanks for any help

We are having the same problem here. I've tried Patch Management on both Zenworks 2017 base and Zenworks 2017 Update 2a and have had no success with either. I also get the same error as post #4 in this thread, where I get a "Failed to download subscription" error beside "Patches" in the Subscription Service History. Again, this has happened on a fresh install of Zenworks 2017 base and a fresh install of Zenworks 2017 Update 2A. In both cases, we are NOT using the appliance, but rather installed to a SLES 12 SP2 server (and rpm-python is installed).

The odd thing is the "Failed to download subscription" message only appears after I have added my first device to Zenworks. Until I add the first device, I get a result of "True" besides "Patches" in the Subscription Service History. I've seen other threads on the forums with Patch Management issues where people are directed to look at logs, but I'm not exactly sure what I would be looking for.

Also, on the "Status" tab of Patch Management, Zenworks reports a "Last Patch Download" time of this morning (with 2 total Failed Downloads) and reports over 1300 Active Patches. Additionally, when I go to create a Patch Policy, it shows me patches which would potentially apply to a device with that policy. However, when creating the relationship from the Patch Policy to a device, even though the device recognizes the policy when running "zac bl" on the device, Patch Management shows no available patches for the device. And the device definitely is not up to date and needs updates.

Any help would most definitely be appreciated. We're brand new to Patch Management as we finally got the boss to spend the money for it, so it is possible we are doing something wrong, but, as of right now, we do not see what we could be doing wrong.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

These two threads are completely unrelated......

Recommend an SR for both.....
If either cannot open an SR, please let me know.
0 Likes
bradshawc
New Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2481903 wrote:
These two threads are completely unrelated......
I'm brand new to Patch Management so I'll take your word for it. But after creating a patch policy, no patches show up for me either.

Recommend an SR for both.....
If either cannot open an SR, please let me know.
We do not have any SRs in our SLA and I'm not sure we'd be given the money for one. There's a strong push by some Board of Education members to move away from Micro Focus as it is.

If you have any recommendations for things to try, I'd appreciate it.

PS: I forgot to mention it in my first post, but I also changed the location of the content repository, following these instructions. Don't know if that matters or not.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

#1 - Send me your Contact info (Name, School, Email Address, etc) via Private Message or to Craig_D_Wilson @ Yahoo with a reference to ZENworks Forums in the subject.

#2 - Please Start a new thread.
Give your Current ZCM Version of the Primaries.
Where they upgraded from 11.4.x?
What OS Are the Primaries?
Which Database?

#3 - Note that the Core issue is - "Failed to download subscription" in the history.

#4- Set your Primary Server to Debug and collect the ZPM Logs....
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3418069

Windows Server:
%ZENWORKS_HOME%\logs\loader-messages.log
%ZENWORKS_HOME%\zpm\rdy.txt
%ZENWORKS_HOME%\zpm\pkglist.txt
%ZENWORKS_HOME%\zpm\log.txt
Linux Server:
/var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/loader-messages.log
%ZENWORKS_HOME%/zpm/rdy.txt
%ZENWORKS_HOME%/zpm/pkglist.txt
%ZENWORKS_HOME%/zpm/log.txt
%ZENWORKS_HOME%/share/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

Look for Errors around the time of the attempted download.

#5 - Ask if for testing....the Server's IP/Port can be set to bypass any proxies ot the internet and try a manual download again to see if that helps.
Then set back to normal regardless of the result....but can help determine if it is a proxy/fw type of issue that needs addressing .
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

and good to set the Primary server itself to debug via the Serve Object in the ZCC if the zone is not already set to debug.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Also go here.....
zcc->configuration->product licensing->zenworks patch management

Verify the ZPM License is listed as both Valid and Unexpired....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.