Highlighted
marcohald Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How does the Auto approve work ?

Hi,

I have created a Patch Policy with the following Settings.

patch policy summary.JPG

It has rebuilded on the 25.07.2019 but it does not auto approve.

I have set up one device as a test device witch apply this policy so it should get auto approved and published.

This is the  settings of the Container

Screenshot_2019-07-31 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de(2).pngScreenshot_2019-07-31 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de(1).pngScreenshot_2019-07-31 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de.png

This are the Machines in the 2019-test Container

Screenshot_2019-07-31 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de(3).png

Here is a Screenshot of the installed updates of the test device dashboard:

dashboard-updates.JPG

So the installation of the patches has worked on the dashboard Server which is the only 2019 Server test device.

Is there a way to see why it doesnt publish the patch policy ?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Valued Contributor.

Re: How does the Auto approve work ?

Hi,

Yesterday I restarted the dashboard Server and it seems that this was the missing part.

Screenshot_2019-08-01 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de.png

The Patch Policy is now Published under the Same Version Number as before and the Sandbox is now missing.

The Server mdt-01 has installed the Update tonight.

But I don't understand why the manual restart was necessary.

It should restart automatically as defined in the Reboot Behavior if it is needed.

Is this a Bug or does this work as designed?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There should not be any need to restart any of the ZCM Servers.  It's possible one of the back-end services was in a bad state and rebooting fixed that.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Craig,

I haven't restarted the Zenworks Server.

I have restarted the dashboard Server which is my Test Device.

It has applied the Updates Successful but the publishing of the Policy did not happen till I restarted the test Device

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Patches are often not fully installed until after a reboot.

If you applied patches to a device  but did not reboot, then the patches were not "done" until a restart.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Yes, I know but I thought the restart should happen automatically when I selected the options bellow.

Or what settings do I need to set that y test device restart automatically after patching.

Screenshot_2019-07-31 ZENworks Control Center - zcm1 intra crailsheim de(1).png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.