Highlighted
bradshawc
New Member.

Re: Patches not appearing for devices

Had a little server trouble with the host Zenworks was on, but finally got everything going again.

It appears as if the upgrade to 17.2a has done the trick (in addition to getting directory ownership correct). I am now seeing patches listed for my device. I'll do some testing to make sure everything is working, but it appears as if things are looking up.

If I don't post again, then everything is working. Thank you SOOO much Craig for all your help and guidance. It turns out it may simply have been a couple of little things, but you definitely got us going in the right direction. Thanks again!
0 Likes
CRAIGDWILSON Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Patches not appearing for devices

Great News!
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.