gshaw0 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Select Vendors UI setting doesn't work - ZCM 2017 Update 2

Just replicating my ZPM settings from my old SP3 environment to new 2017 U2 and found what looks like a UI bug:

• go to Configuration > Subscription Service Content Download
  • change "Select vendors to use in the system" from All to Selected
  • after changing to Select the vendor list does NOT appear

In SP3 when changing from All to Selected the list of vendors went from greyed out to selectable so we can untick vendors we don't use. Seems like this setting now doesn't activate properly in 2017 U2?

ZCM 2017 U2 on VMware| SQL 2016 database | 4 primary servers over 3 sites | 3000+ Windows 10 images to deploy via MDT :cool: Check out my blog http://gshaw0.wordpress.com - ZCM imaging and other tech stuff
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Select Vendors UI setting doesn't work - ZCM 2017 Update

gshaw0;2475076 wrote:
Just replicating my ZPM settings from my old SP3 environment to new 2017 U2 and found what looks like a UI bug:

• go to Configuration > Subscription Service Content Download
  • change "Select vendors to use in the system" from All to Selected
  • after changing to Select the vendor list does NOT appear

In SP3 when changing from All to Selected the list of vendors went from greyed out to selectable so we can untick vendors we don't use. Seems like this setting now doesn't activate properly in 2017 U2?

From the help on that current page:

Enables you to select the vendors to use in the system. By default it is ALL. For example, if you want to select the patches only for Micro Focus not the rest available. Select the radio button Selected and then select the Novell check box, only Micro Focus patches are downloaded.

NOTE:This list of vendors will not be populated until the initial subscription update has completed.

Have you verified that "Subscription Replication Status" has completed under "Subscription Service Settings".

Thomas
0 Likes
gshaw0 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2475079 wrote:

Have you verified that "Subscription Replication Status" has completed under "Subscription Service Settings".
Thomas

Hi Thomas, yes just completed an update

Last Subscription Poll 08/02/18 10:28
Subscription Replication Status Complete
Subscription Host novell.patchlink.com

Still no change on the UI though 😞

Also somewhat odd on the dashboard page the Dashboard shows this in the graph panes

report.vulnerablities.title
report.vulnerablities.device.title
report.lastscan.title

Granted there's no data to show but again seems a bit odd that there's no default placeholder titles for these items?

ZCM 2017 U2 on VMware| SQL 2016 database | 4 primary servers over 3 sites | 3000+ Windows 10 images to deploy via MDT :cool: Check out my blog http://gshaw0.wordpress.com - ZCM imaging and other tech stuff
0 Likes
gshaw0 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ah just noticed on the Subscription Service History page an error:

Failed to download subscription

Also around the same time my SP3 environment has Patches from my Policy rebuilds stuck on the orange downloading "Queued" status, never had that issue before. Had an SR open where our ZPM key wasn't activating which was put down to a bug so wonder if there's something else going on here...

0 Likes
havering Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have an SR open for this now and after running zdc it appears there's issues with the database tables related to Patch Management. Rather concerning on a fresh installation but we'll see where it goes.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Did you track down the main cause behind this behavior?

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
gshaw0 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2484581 wrote:
Hi,

Did you track down the main cause behind this behavior?

/Niels

It was a database issue, the installer didn't create the Patch Management tables correctly. Diagnosed via ZDC and loader logs. A few snippets from the SR email chain below:

"Can you please run a ZDC for that zone with the zendatabase verifier?"

"Can you please supply me with the output of the following query:
sp_columns PATCHSCANAUDITLOG"

Support then ran some SQL queries to fix the missing \ incorrect columns. Was then able to run Subscription Download and select vendors as expected.

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Great, thanks for the update. We'll create an SR to verify.

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.