dxw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows updates

I have a patch policy that searcges for critical and recommended patches for Microsoft products. It runs at 1 pm each day. When I look at the windows update history on the control panel of the pc it shows almost all of the patches as being installed on the day the policy was run. In some cases over 80 patches are being reported as installed that day even though the patches are over a year old. I also have a lot of error messages as the pcs seem to be trying download patches that are not applicable for the o/s. Also since 2017 update 2a quite a few of my pcs are freezing and locking up after the policy refreshes.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows updates

I've not heard any issues of device freezes on Update 2 nor am I even sure what that means.

Update 2 does include a large number of Content Fixes....many of which impacted ZPM.
So its possible that some patches are now finally flowing that never flowed before.
So that may explain why so many are now installing.

In regards to getting errors about downloading content for Other Operating Systems....not sure what you mean by "Errors"....
However, some patch bundles will include content for multiple Operating Systems and multiple text files will be generated as part of logging which indicate components of the bundle are applicable for this device.
So these would not be errors, but simple informational logging.

Further, ZCM will Pre-Filter all Bundle/Content Download, so it will only download content for patches that are not installed and still required.

So again....my best guess if that for one reason or another, you had lots of stuck patches not rolling out and now they are..........
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.