Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Containers as Hosts and PC? ...

Using PC 12.56 now. We have about 15 VMs as Hosts. But of course they're idle much of the time, and sitting on resources.

I'm interested in seeing if we can use containers somehow to dynamically and quickly spin Hosts up and down as needed.

Been reading this:
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/How-to-utilize-elastic-provisioning-of-Performance-Center-Load/ba-p/1645630

Has anyone here done this and have an tips or words of wisdom?

Can they be Windows hosts? Or must they be Linux? I'm especially interested in using this for TruClient scripts.

Thanks very much in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Containers as Hosts and PC? ...

Hi @Speedmaster,

There are a few customers who started using elastic Load Generators. I cannot share their details for obvious reasons.
in 12.56/7 the capability is limited to Linux Load Generators only. In 12.60 we have introduced also Windows Dockerized Load Generators in technical preview. They still do not allow running TruClient Vusers. We are going to invest towards this direction and sooner or later we will cover that as well.

Regards,
Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.