Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Pauld Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Error When Trying to Add a Host

Hi,

I reinstalled PC 12.57 on a server and when I try to add it as a host I get the error

com.mercury.td.pcextension.labservice.comm.ILabServiceSetHostPCServiceExceptionDataFaultMessage:Host's installation is invalid

When I check the logs for the time I tried to add the host to PC i can see the following error

ERROR HP.PC.PCS.HostOperations.SetHostImpl - failed VerifyInstallation [Context: 3fd02c8d-c7f4-420a-960d-0ad4f611d8d7] [FullContext: QCServer:http://performancecenter.prudential.com/qcbin UserName:x219780 Domain:DEFAULT Project:LAB_PROJECT]System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The ALM Connection settings (Internal URL, external URL) are incomplete. To update the settings, click the ALM Connection button in the PC Server module toolbar.

Can anyone tell me if its OK to click the ALM Connection button at any time or do I need to wait until the hosts are idle and not running any tests in PC?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Error When Trying to Add a Host

Hello Paul,

In order to troubleshoot this issue in a better way and provide you the assistance neede, it will be better if you open a support ticket so an engineer can work with you directly.

Also, regarding to this question, it is recommended to configure connections between machines and add hosts when they are not in use.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.