Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Host Check error - post 12.60 upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi all,

so I have upgraded the ALM server, Performance Center server and each of my Load Generators to v12.60.

I re-added the Performance Center server in Lab Management -> PC Servers. Then I ran a Health Check which passed ok.

In Lab Resources - Hosts I can see my Load Generator servers. But when I run a check on those I get this error:

"The ALM Connection settings (Internal URL, external URL) are incomplete. To update the settings, click the ALM Connection button in the PC Server module toolbar."

However, when I check the ALM Connection settings as advised, the internal and external URL fields are complete.

Does anyone know what I need to do to resolve?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EyalR Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Host Check error - post 12.60 upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi @cmcn2016,

Please do the following and run the health check again to check if it pass successfuly:

1. From Lab Resources -> Hosts select all the hosts that reported this error.
  2.  Click on Reconfigure Host.
  3. When the reconfigure finished run the health check.

Regards,
Eyal

5 Replies
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @cmcn2016,

Please do the following and run the health check again to check if it pass successfuly:

1. From Lab Resources -> Hosts select all the hosts that reported this error.
  2.  Click on Reconfigure Host.
  3. When the reconfigure finished run the health check.

Regards,
Eyal

Jump to solution

Thank you Eyal, that did the trick!

Perhpas you can also help with this query. In Site Admin I verified and repaired my projects pre-upgrade. When I try to upgrade the projects post-upgrade I get an error, and when I check the verify report I see this suggestion:

Versioning Enabled Project Requires Checkin
Found checkouts in project
Note: All of the checked out entities in the project must be checked in.

How do I check the entities back in?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @cmcn2016,

Based on what you wrote I will assume you didn't succeed to preform the upgrade. (as you mentioned post upgrade)

There are 2 options (pre-upgrade):

1. Use your previous ALM/PC environment, login to the project and ask the users or yourself to do a check-in  or undo check-out to the checked-out entities per the change that was done. After you are sure that there are no checked-out entities , take a backup of the project’s schema and run the upgrade.
  2. You can use the ALM Robot (launch it from ALM12.60 site Admin UI-> Tools-> ALM Robot -> Add new Activity of type “Undo Checkout”). This will undo all the checkout entities (you will lose the updates for the check-out entities) and you’ll be able to upgrade the project.

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Eyal,

I reverted back to my 12.55 backups. Then I made sure to get all users to check in all entities. Next I verified and repaired each project. Finally I re-ran the 12.60 upgrade on all components.

Working fine now thanks and each project has been successfully upgraded to 12.60.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @cmcn2016,

Glad to hear it was working for you.

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.