Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Gururajan R Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing LR 9.0 in a PC that has HP Service Test running

I have been trying to upgrade 8.0 to 9.0 in test PCs. These PCs are used for scripting, analysis. Being test PCs, they also have QC clients installed.

8.0 was working fine in sync with QC 9.2. But when i upgrade 8.0 to 9.0, i get an error:

"HP LoadRunner 9.0 Installation cannot be installed while HP Service Test is installed on the machine"

But there is no HP Service Test installed in the PCs. (unable to find such installation either in the program files nor any services running in the PCs).
0 Likes
10 Replies
Prakash K_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing LR 9.0 in a PC that has HP Service Test running

Try to Uninstall fully and restart the machine.Than start fresh installation 9.0. While doing uninstallation it will remove all the files.

Sometimes it won't, that while doing reinstallation , it will ask whether to replace to old files. You have to replace it.Try this. will see.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlanBooth Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I do not believe that the uninstall is that clean. Take a look at the documentation for performing an upgrade. There are instructions there on some extraneous items that need to be attended to after the uninstall.

Alan
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for suggestions.

Inputs from some of my testing:

Upgrading 8 to 9 in a PC with no QC access:
The installation runs smooth in the box and the end result is fully functioning LR 9.0

Upgrading 8 to 9 in a PC with QC access:

The issue is that when QC 9.2 is being accessed, during the first time opening when QC passes files to the client box (the said pc), of all the files and info being passed down, there are a couple of ini files that refer to "Service Test" and gets written into the sytem.

Now even after a clean uninstall of 8.0 and installing 9.0 fresh, the very first step fails when LR 9.0 identifies that QC component "Service Test". Since "Service Test" was neither installed or a service running, i am unable remove this.

Hope this clarifies the issue more clearly.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlanBooth Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I guess you need to find the file on the machine that makes the installer think that you have that service installed. Did you try and remove any .ini files that could be the problem?

One thing you might do is use a tool like RegMon or FileMon from SysInternals and filter on the installation executable. From that data maybe you could figure out what file or registry setting the installer is finding that makes it think that you have this service installed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx

FileMon is under File and Disk utils and RegMon is under Process utils; both are free.

Alan
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have already identified and isolated the files (ini) and registry entries. just checking how these change between machines as i have a varying base machines.

thanks for support.
0 Likes
Bjarne Dein_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Neither PC 9.0 or LR 9.0, can run on machines with ST, due to licenses issues (ask HP).

ST is for Func test, the others is for Perf test, and they can't (not supposed to, even though it would be very convienent:-) co-exist.

BR Bjarne
Knowlegde is not to know it all, but knowing how to get it!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Thanks!

Is there any exe available that would allow me to clean up QC related files from client PCs? (the files that gets downloaded to the machine when QC is accessed for first time)

The issue is that all the 17 PCs that are used for scripting have access to QC also and hence all the PCs are unable to change over to LR 9.0
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have managed to get this going forward and have managed to move to 9.0 from 8.0 by bypassing the error.

1. Delete all Mercury software in the desktop
2. Delete the 'mercuryinteractive" folder in the commonfiles folder
3. Restart PC
4. Install 9.0 (gets installed). restart
5. check LR if it works fine
6. Open QC URL for the initial files for download.

Now both work fine in the box.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Managed to find a solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, If after deleting all files and folders and the registry entries, I still get the error, what could be the issue please. Thanks. Can someone help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.