Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Ravi kanth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR8.1/ODBC Protocol Replay Issues

Hi All,

I have recorded and replayed a ODBC script using Loadrunner. I have also bought a temporary licence for 25 users for emulating the controller scenario. When I use the local host as load generator, the script gets executed successfully. But when I use a different load generator (both on the same VLAN and I had used it before for Winsock and Web load tests), I get an error. The error messages are given below:

vuser_init.c(19): lrdb_open_connection: "SQLDriverConnect", return-code=-1, native-error-code=0, SQLState=IM002, SQLError=[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

vuser_init.c(24): lrd_db_option: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2003.

vuser_init.c(29): lrd_stmt: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2002.

***(Occurs the most in error log; almost for each and every lrd_fetch() statement)***

vuser_init.c(23): lrd_open_cursor: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2001.

I have set the run-time settings as

No Pacing and no Think time. Log settings set to minimal and continue on error.

These are steps taken by me to solve it:

- Tried to set up the DSN in ODBC administrator for the remote machine (Load Generator) (Since I had set up the same way while recording as well)
- checked the connectivity between the load generator and database server by ping and pathping commands

Please share your knowledge on overcoming this issue. Also it would be gr8 if you have any document/Idea for running ODBC load tests on multiple load generators.

Best Regards,
Ravi Kanth

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ravi kanth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR8.1/ODBC Protocol Replay Issues

Hi All,

This issue could be troubleshot this way.

1 - Create a DSN for the respective Database in the load generator machine
2 - Check the user credentials (Windows Authentication) of the load generator are mentioned correctly in the lr_db_connection() function. If u use different credentials for logging to the load generator and controller/VUGen machine, then its better to record the initial conditions (I mean invoking the application with the load generator's login and stop recording) once again. By this way u can get the actual parameters of before said function generated by loadrunner itself.

3 - Replace the connection settings (new one from recording) in the script and Bingo!!!

It worked for me!!!

Best Regards,
Ravi Kanth T M
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Alftio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR8.1/ODBC Protocol Replay Issues

This post is still valid for later LoadRunner versions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.