Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Test Initialize Failure

Jump to solution

We have a small v12.60 Sandbox environment - 2 hosts (LG, Controller and DP)

When we run system health check in PC Admin everything looks healthy.

Both hosts are operational in Lab Manager and set up to run as process.

However, when our users attempt to run a simple test the initialization fails - 

Init_Failure.PNG

In the event logs I see:

Failed to download scripts to Controller

No Controllers are available.

So next I checked: D:\Performance Center Server\orchidtmp\LTLogger\w3wp

In the logs I see....

ERROR HP.PC.LTEM.RunInitiator - Attempt number 1 to start load test failed [Context: ffe4bbd0-b54b-4f4d-bd11-805d12accb31] [FullContext: QCServer:http://pcsandbox.prudential.com:8080/qcbin UserName:x193670 Domain:Sandbox:Sandbox_Testing QCRunId:24 TimeslotId:9987]
HP.PC.LT.Model.Exceptions.ScriptDownloadingException: Downloading script Scn02_ILIPlus failed ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'D:\LoadRunner\orchidtmp\TempFiles\6eae1391-def2-405f-8aa9-a7ed0bcd3abe\test\16\16\16' is denied.

I'm not sure why this access denied message is displayed?

Are there any common trouble shooting steps to take when tests fail to initialize?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Test Initialize Failure

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try to exclude the entire path product installation path D:\LoadRunner. 

The affected path is not included in your McAfee exclusion - you exluded a process, but the affected is the D:\LoadRunner\orchidtmp path.

Thanks,

Paul 

6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

One of the first things you can do is to exclude the application installations path from Antivirus live scan (perhaps you have McAfee). Sometimes this creates path access problems like you have got. You can confirm it via a procmon capture on the Controller. 

Best regards,

Paul 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks Paul. We have suspected McAfee and we're going to see if we have access to exclude the installation path from live scanning. Before we do that though, can you please advise the steps we need to take to confirm this via procmon on the Controller?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

The could be some steps you can take to check it: 

1) Install procmon on the Controller machine: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

2) Start the procmon capture

3) Start the loadtest

4) Once you get the error, stop the capture

5) In the capture search for the keywords: "denied" or the path mentioned in the error e.g. "D:\LoadRunner\orchidtmp\TempFiles\6eae1391-def2-405f-8aa9-a7ed0bcd3abe\test\16\16\16" (change the path as per the loadtest you run). Around that you should see that McAfee process mcshield.exe scans the same path for which you get access denied. 

6) Send that info to the IT to exclude LR path from the McAfee live scan. 

Best regards,

Paul 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Paul.

Ok so we did the following:

1. Ensured Load Generator machine and Controller machine were operational in Lab Management.
  2. I launched procmon on the Controller machine.
  3. End User started the same test as before.
  4. As soon as we saw the test fail to initialize again, I stopped the procmon capture.
  5. Searched the capture for ‘DENIED'

Results: 

ACCESS_DENIED.png

ACCESS_DENIED2.PNGACCESS_DENIED3.png

So on McAfee on both LG and Controller machines I added the path to the LTOPSvc.exe to the exclusion list like this:

Settings -> Threat Prevention -> Exclusions

McAfee_Exclusion.PNG

Clicked Apply and OK.

Our end user re-ran the test but the same issue occurs - the test cannot initialize because of access issues...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try to exclude the entire path product installation path D:\LoadRunner. 

The affected path is not included in your McAfee exclusion - you exluded a process, but the affected is the D:\LoadRunner\orchidtmp path.

Thanks,

Paul 

Jump to solution

That did the trick. I added D;\LoadRunner to the exclusion list (inc all subfolders) and the tests initialized afetr this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.