Highlighted
Yogesh Baher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Viewing timeslots of All projects within Performance Center (v11.52)

How can I view the timeslots booked by other projects using the same pool of LG and Controller resources?

Selecting the canned filter as "All Accessible projects" does not display other project slots.

Cheers,

Yogesh

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Craig_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Viewing timeslots of All projects within Performance Center (v11.52)

Yogesh,

I am unable to replicate this problem in my lab environment.  This is the test that I have setup.

1) Setup the Projects (A, B, & C)

2) Set up the users

A) a User with the Performance Tester Role in Project A (User)

B) The same user from step 2.A with the Performance Tester Role in  Project B

C) A different user with the tdAdmin Role in Project C (Admin)

3) Setup the Timeslots

a) In Project A, Admin creates a timeslot for 10:00 am tomorrow

b) In Project C, Admin creates a timeslot for 12:00pm today

c) In Project A, User creates a timeslot for 3:00pm today

d) In Project B, User creates a timeslot for 5:00pm today

Results:

* When I am in Lab Management as a valid lab management user I see all 4 timeslots on both days

* When I am logged in to any project as Admin and the canned filter is set to All accessible Projects I see all 4 timeslots on both days

* When I am logged to Project A as User (with permissions only on Project A and B) and the canned filter is set to All Accessible Projects, I am able to see 3 timeslots.  One timeslot created by User from Project A, one from Project B where User created a timeslot, and finally another one from Project A where the Admin user created the timeslot.  what I don't see are any timeslots from Project C where User has no permissions and the admin created a timeslot.

--------

So that brings me to question how the timeslots were created and if you really do have permissions to view other projects data.

1) In Site Admin, is your user account listed as a user in all the projects that have timeslots you are trying to see?

2) What groups are you a member of in each project (In the default groups Developer, Performance Advisor and Viewer you have no rights on the Timeslots page)?

3) Have you cleared all filters?

4) Can a user with tdAdmin role see all the timeslots?

5) Can the Lab Management user see all the timeslots from Lab Management?

6) Are the timeslots that are missing scheduled within the viewable  time on the screen (day, work week, or week)?

Finally some standard environment questions:

a) What is the patch level of the software you have installed on the ALM and PCS servers?

b) Does this happen for all users or just one\some?  If just one or some, what group are they members of?

c) Does this happen for all projects or just one\some?

d) Does this happen for all scheduled timeslots or just some?

Please advise and I can set up my lab environment to be more like what you are using and I can try to replicate the issue again.

Craig Drummond

HP SW Premier Support Technical Account Manager

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. XU Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Viewing timeslots of All projects within Performance Center (v11.52)

The same behavior I observed, user cannot see the timeslot for which he is not authorized. there are requirements when user want to see the timeslot for the projects where they are not a part of, so is there any way we can get that list. Even if I know the SQL table where this data is stored I can write a program to fetch this data.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.