pdash
Visitor.

Admin CPU usage for load generator exceeding 80%

Getting error  CPU usage for load generator exceeding 80%   and script on Truclient and  using 10 Vusers  only. And have admin access to the VM . 

Appriciate your help 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Admin CPU usage for load generator exceeding 80%

Hi @pdash,

As a general rule, to reduce CPU load, try pacing down the script. You can add wait steps, increase the time between iterations as spread Vuser ramp-up to start a smaller number of Vusers every time with longer intervals.

TruClient runs a browser instance for each Vuser, so overall footprint depends on the tested application's client-side footprint, on the browser used and on the machine's hardware.

See this help page for more information about troubleshooting load issues.

Edo

pdash
Visitor.

Hi Edo,

Thanks for the information , will try the way you said and will let you know how it works . 

0 Likes
Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How much RAM and CPU are on that box?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Randy Stevenson Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Speedmaster - I am getting the same "Generator CPU utilization exceeding 80%" message with only 20 LoadRunner 12.55 TruClient users (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit OS) on an OpenStack VM - c3.4xlarge flavor with 16 VCPUs and 32 GB RAM.

On a physical machine with 8 cores and 16 GB RAM I do NOT receive the 80% message even up to 100 Virtual Users.

It will take 5 VM's to replace one desktop computer.

Randy at Deere
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If CPU is the bottleneck, it's advised to slow down the Vusers ramp-up and running speed.

For example, ramp up to 2 vusers every 30 seconds.

See these guidelines to manage the scalability.

Edo

0 Likes
Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Wow, that's a solid machine. 

Like you, I've also had trouble getting the same number of vusers on a VM than I did on physical hardware, even if the VM has nominally similar or better specs.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Ameet123 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

this i very generic issue which i have been seeing it in our perfomance testing. For me even opening a single vuser sends me the same message. Ideally we can ignore the message. My observation is that this depends on the size of the application, the heavier the application (like SAP, Citrix) the more memorey consumed while oening the application. If you are not allowed to ignore this warning then better raise a support case to microfocus. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.