Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

Feature: roll back a successful Cutover

Feature: roll back a successful Cutover

I believe and have observed that most customers work under pressure, tight deadlines, etc...and do not have the time to perform a Test Cutover, involve their team to find a way to make it work as it should on the Target, fix manually the stuff that PlateSpin would not have been able to configure, etc...then mark the Test Cutover as success, and the day of the real Cutover, do it all over again.

Besides, most customers cannot even run a real Test Cutover since the Target must come online on the same domain as Source to perform some test, which requires downtime of the Source to be performed.

So, what do they do? They wait for a cutover window, run a real cutover, test the Target, and if it needs to be rolled back (due to applications not working, etc...), they reconfigure the workload via incremental to the existing Target, then call me so I can give them back a license since the workload license is now assigned to the Target.

A lot of extra stuff (AKA waste of time) that could be resolved by adding an option, after a successful Cutover, to roll it back.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
I have also seen such scenarios. It would be great if we can have the retrieval / rollback mechanism inorder to the process more simpler only when genuine rollback is sensed.
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.