Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Sahar HAOUAS
Visitor.

Can we add a custom filter on the Search Requests page on PPM ?

Hi,

Can we add a custom filter on the "Search Requests page" on PPM ?

My client want to add a custom filter in the search request page , is there any way to do it ?

thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Can we add a custom filter on the Search Requests page on PPM ?

Hi there,

When you say custom search filters, what do you mean? Can you please elaborate. 

there are options like using Query Builder, plus on the Advanced search page you can search for almost any field depending on your configuration. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Sahar HAOUAS
Visitor.

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for your reply.

The customer would like to be added a filter in the request search page which will allow him to display all the requests that were updated in the current month , without having to select a specific date of start and month-end using the filter that already exist "last update date from -- to ".

Best regards,

Sahar

0 Likes
MIF Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Sahar,

There is not a direct way to add a that kind of filter in search page but there are 2 ways as I can think of:

1) Create a custom portlet which has an internal criteria to search those..
2) Create searches (e.g. Jan 2019, Feb 2019,...) for each month manually and save them.

--Remember to give Kudos if you like the solution.

Murat Akbar
MIF Software & Consultancy - Istanbul
http://www.mif.com.tr

Morning Sahar, completely agree with what Murat is saying; I would recommend to go for custom portlets.

On the same token it would be good to log an enhancement request with Microfocus to have such features, it would be real handy to have general filters like  'last updated in' 7, 14,30 days etc ... 

good luck

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree it would be a nice Usability Enhancement idea. The way I'd see it is to have the option to pick between the current date range or another set of two "within the last" fields - a number text box and a drop down list with hours/days/weeks/months/years (default value could be days). 

Ajay, if you really think this should go into the product you know what to do, right? :) 

Sure Etienne, i have logged it through (ref: 42893)

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Extra date "within" criteria added for Last Update date & Creation Date on both Request List portlet & Request Search page.

It should be part of PPM 9.53 due for release at the end of May (subject to change without notice as usual).

Ajay, you can already test the new feature on our beta/EDRP instance.

Cheers,

Etienne.

Aurobinda Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Etienne,
That's a great news. Thanks for the update. It would have been great, if this feature would have been introduced, when the same functionality introduced for search reports page.

Thanks
Auro
0 Likes

Cheers Etienne - i will test it out.

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
ArunKr Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks @Etienne_Canaud, I just got a chance to test in 9.53 Beta and it works great.

0 Likes
ArunKr Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

@Etienne_Canaud Can we have similar functionality in Search Resources page as well?

As administrative work, we update the resources profiles of people who were created every day through the resource load and it is difficult for us know to how many and which users were created on that day. We currently have a portlet which checkes for the new users and then we manually pick those users and update their resource profiles.

Having such filters in Search Resources would benefit us and many others I believe.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Arun,
Indeed it's a good idea. Since you've got access to the beta environment, feel free to create an ER in it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.