Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
ankita06102201
New Member.

ksc_exit_status

Hi,

Ksc_exit_status, if it's value is returned as "1', it stops further execution.

Is this possible to control output value of "ksc_exit_staus"? My purpose is to continnue the execution of next commands after getting ksc_exit_status as "1". 

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: ksc_exit_status

Hello Ankita,

Hope you are doing fine, my name is Bryan Trejos and I will assist you on this thread.

-This is how the ksc_exit_status works:

The ksc_exit_status will be 0 once the work of any command is done.
The ksc_exit_status will be 1 in case that the command fail to do its job. So this works as per design of PPM.
There is no way we can control the command ksc_exit_status, as per design if any special command fail the next command shouldn’t be execute since it could cause like a snowball with many errors.

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bryan Trejos F. 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: ksc_exit_status

Hi there, 

you cannot apply any logic after ksc_exit as it will break the execution.  The routing logic can be implemented using if, then commands within; e.g. if [ -d ""[RP.REPORT_SUBMISSION_ID]"" ]; then rm -R [RP.REPORT_SUBMISSION_ID]; fi

In above eg, we are checkign if report folder is present, if so, then delete it. 

other possible options are to use ksc_set, ksc_store to hold values of your execution and then route accordingly. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.