Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Populate "Test Set Folder Name" in a Defect Field when defect is created linked to Test Instance

Populate "Test Set Folder Name" in a Defect Field when defect is created linked to Test Instance

Dear All,

Greetings!

I need your help to populate a custom Defect Field say "BG_USER_05" with Test Set Folder Name.

If i create and link a new defect from Test Lab ( Test Set or Test Instance) then "BG_USER_05" should be populated with Test Set Folder Name.

Need your help to populate the test set Folder Name through customization script in the Defect Field.

Thanks in advance for your Kind help on above.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my code which i tried but unsuccessful.

Sub Bug_New

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Set tsTestSetID = TestSet_Fields.Field("CY_CYCLE_ID").Value

Set PrntFldr = tsTestSetID.Field("CY_FOLDER_NAME").Value

Bug_Fields("BG_USER_05").Value = PrntFldr

End Sub

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

What is the name of "CY_FOLDER_NAME" filed?

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2019-12-01 13:24
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.