Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Giddyup Absent Member..
Absent Member..

2 defect records missing Comment after migration and upgrade of versioned project

Migrated from: 

QC 10 Enterprise Patch 27

Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 64-bit

Migrated by:

Created new QC 10 project via copy of existing project, but using ALM 11 database

FTP QC 10 repository to ALM 11, modified dbid.xml

Restored

Upgraded to:

ALM 11 Enterprise Patch 18

Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 64-bit

Have verified that original QC 10 defect records had Comments

Since only 2 records have missing Comments, is there any way to find out why this happened?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Kryys Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: 2 defect records missing Comment after migration and upgrade of versioned project

Hello Giddyup,

Good afternoon!

Regarding to this issue, can you please verufy if the data exist in the Bug table? As you can see in the below image:

If the comments are not there, what we suggest is to reupgrade the project from a backup, at some point the DB got corrupted or damaged and this is causing the data lost so it is recommended to perform the upgrade procedure again.
If you already had entered data you would need the perform the upgrade and then copy that data in the project.

Please inform me about the result.

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: 2 defect records missing Comment after migration and upgrade of versioned project

Prior to your response, I was able to copy the missing Comments back into the 2 defect records' Comment field.  The projects team members have been testing and found no further issues and Comments are working properly.

What logs and their location, could I check to see what occurred for these 2 defect records during migration and/or upgrade?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Kryys Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Giddyup,

It is very good to know that you were able to get back the data. 

Actually, there is not a way to know what occurred with the data during the process, however I can suggest you to run a Verify over the project to see if it is corrupted. Also, you can check the SA Logs to see if it shows an error that could be the cause of this issue.

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Already did the verify and check all the logs. Nothing found. Since it is a one off. letting it go by.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.