Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Established Member.. KF1
Established Member..

ALM 11.52 Customizing start_a.jsp not working

I was able to succesfully customize our login image for ALM 11.52 on the index_a.jsp page, however it is not working for the start_a.jsp page.

I changed the images under ProgramData\HP\ALM\webapps\qcbin\images\PC\ to be what I want.  It works like a charm on the index_a.jsp page but not on the start_a.jsp.  As you can see in the below image I am able to change the title of the start_a.jsp page no problem, but not the images.

start_a.jsp

I had valid image paths and then even tried to change them to something that does not exist to break it.  It still loads the default images.  See my 'View Source' below.

View Source

Can anyone please advise?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. TD_NFT Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: ALM 11.52 Customizing start_a.jsp not working

Am also facing this same issue. Would be good if anyone solve this unanswered clarification

JS
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ALM 11.52 Customizing start_a.jsp not working

Hi,

Please have a look at the thread by @PhilTrostel at https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Quality-Center-ALM-User/How-to-alter-the-ALM-splash-page/td-p/1681686

In ALM 12.60 Patch 1 there is a new feature to customize the ALM Login Window, this is useful e.g. to display messages to the users. Please see the installation guide (Windows: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.60/pdfs/Install_Windows.pdf); chapter 19 "Customization", section "Customizing the ALM Login Window".

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.