Daniel_Tourgi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ALM 11 - How to schedule a recurring test set (every day automatically)

I use ALM 11- how can I run the test set every day at 17:00 (schedule a recurring test set)

I have test set which running QTP script and I want it will run every day automatically

thank you!

Daniel

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ALM 11 - How to schedule a recurring test set (every day automatically)

There is no way to do this in the UI. What you can do in the UI is set a time dependency for a test, but then you have to click Run for that test and leave the system alone. The test would then run when the specified time passes. But you would have to do this every day. There is no support in the UI to schedule something to run daily.

In the OTA API there is a class that allows you to start the run of a test set. If you write a program to utilize this API, then you can put that program into scheduling software, like MS Task Scheduler, and set you program to kick off daily, thereby having it kick off the run of a test set daily.

There is example code for using the class in the API documentation. Look for TSScheduler.

There is also a version of a program that does this in the HP Knowledge Base on their support site. You have to have a support contract and be registered to access the info. HP offers the program as-is, with no support for it. The document ID where the program (source and compiled EXE) is located is KM191021.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Paul_Murray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ALM 11 - How to schedule a recurring test set (every day automatically)

Thanks, this helped

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.