Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

ALM Support Tip: - ALM Error: Failed to perform the XSLT transformation

When emailing entities such as Requirements, Tests, Defects, etc a failure may occur.

In the QC logs the specific error: Failed to perform the XSLT transformation

This is caused by some level of corruption in the StyleSheets in ALM. Thankfully there is another source where you can get them.

To correct this copy the StyleSheets from the installation folder (source) to the deployment folder (target)

Windows example...

Source: <drive>\Program Files\HP\ALM\ALM\data\sa\DomsInfo\StyleSheets

Target: <drive>\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\sa\DomsInfo\StyleSheets

Linux Example...

Source: /root/ALM/ALM/data/sa/DomsInfo/StyleSheets

Target: /var/opt/HP/ALM/repository/sa/DomsInfo/StyleSheets

No need to bounce the ALM intance after copying these StyleSheets. The change is immediate.

Phil Trostel
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Roy_C_QC Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: ALM Error: Failed to perform the XSLT transformation

Greetings Philp,

Thanks for sharing this knowledge with the community.

Lots of customers will find it really useful!
We appreciate your collaboration,

Thanks & regards!

Roy Chinchilla Ramírez
Software Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the option at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ALM Support Tip: - ALM Error: Failed to perform the XSLT transformation

HI @PhilTrostel , 

I am kooing a file to edit or change "Defect Detail" in Defect email to say "Bug Detail". Which file and what line should be changed? Would you help me?

I have ALM11.00, ALM12.21 and ALM12.60 installed in LINUX. 

I looked at 

Source: /root/ALM/ALM/data/sa/DomsInfo/StyleSheets/Bug_Text.old.xsl and default.xsl files but do not find a line where "Defect Detail" is mentioned?

This is my another thread I created for the same. 

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Quality-Center-ALM-User/Is-it-possible-to-customize-some-items-in-Email-sent-from-ALM/td-p/1683926

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.