NOTICE: COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE DEGRADATION
Our community is currently experiencing some performance degradation with slow page loading. Our platform SaaS vendor is working on the issue.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

ALM Templated Project - Edit List

Jump to solution

I have a project created from a template.

In the template the Projects list is empty, so in the project it is empty.

In the project, I want to add entries to the Projects List but I can't because it is from the template.

I don't want to put the list values in the project as the template is used for may different projects that will want different Project List entries.

Is there a way to add project list entries and the project level without creating a new list and using workflow to override?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ALM Templated Project - Edit List

Jump to solution

You can exlude a list from Cross Project Customization by adding the list name to the Site Parameter IGNORE_TEMPLATE_LISTS.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi, Yes you can add the list value at project level. Please do the following : Method 1 . 1. Unlink the project from the template in Site Admin. 2. login to the project - > customization-> add your required values -> save. 3. Link again your project with the template. Method 2. You can write OTA to add list values for that there is no need to unlink your project from Template. or Use List Manager : http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/NEW-List-Admin-an-Open-Source-tool-to-manage-QC-ALM-lists/td-p/5702237 Regards, Ramesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

You can exlude a list from Cross Project Customization by adding the list name to the Site Parameter IGNORE_TEMPLATE_LISTS.

Jan Czajkowski

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Jan, that does work a treat. I did notice you have to apply the template for it to take effect on the project. 

However I am having trouble when trying to disable two lists.

All Projects works great

Versions works great

All Projects,Versions does not work at all - neither list is editable. 

I have tried All 'Projects,Versions', 'Projects;Versions', ' "All Projects","Versions" ' and many other combinations. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try

All Projects^Versions

Jan Czajkowski

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Also, if projects are already linked to the template you may need to unlink them and link them again to get the lists editable.

Jan Czajkowski

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

All Projects^Versions worked. Would not have guessed that.

No need to unlink the project. Just need to change the site param then go into the template, apply customisation, then when login to the project and it is editable.

The change is not seen until you apply the template to the project and you re-login to the project.

Thanks Jan!!!

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Can you please provide the steps for this? I am not able to understand how to do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi. If you want to edit a project list for a linked project, log into the template project then go to Tools->Customize->Project Lists. There are some project lists where changes are restricted. Assuming that you are not trying to edit one of those, the list will be fully customizable. If you are, there are ways to get around that as well.

After you've made the changes, go to Cross Project Customization (also under Tools->Customize) to apply the change to the linked project.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.