PraveenKumarS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ALM Upgrade Issue - UserPermission

Hi,

We recently upgraded QC from 9.2 to 11.0 (Enterprise Edition). After upgrading, we could see that the Permissions for UserGroup are reflected correctly in 11.0. But for users, they couldnt able to access the features, as when they right click on any entity, the menu options were disabled.

When we revoked and granted the same permission again for that user group, then user could able access the menu option.

Please let us know how to solve this issue, as we got 150 projects, 5 user roles in each project, doing the above workaround would be tedious task. So I request you to provide simle solution.

For more info, The configiration are below.

Server OS - Window 2008 SP2
Client OS - Window XP SP3
Database  - Oracle 11.2.0.2 (with latest Patch) on Linux.

The above issue happens for all projects/user grous.

Thanks,

Praveen

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ALM Upgrade Issue - UserPermission

What patch level are you at for ALM v11?  I suggest that you make sure you have the most recent patch (#2) loaded if you don't already.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Trudy,

We had already installed the patch2 and we have QC Enterprise Edition.

Please suggest any solution to fix this issue across projects.

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have not encountered this problem, so I don't have any specific fix to suggest.  I am also on a differnt platform (Windows Server and SQL). 

Are these the default groups that come with Quality Center or custom groups?  Have you opened a case with HP support?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Hi Trudy,

we had opened a case with HP and got the following response.

" We have observed that problem in our lab with projects upgraded from QC 9.2 to ALM11.

The workaround is , as you already established, to uncheck the problem permissions and then add them again.

That or re-creating the User groups.

However it is unlikely for this problem to occur in new projects."

Seems this is a known issue with QC11/Oracle, and we got the workaround too.

But now, we need to apply to all user groups across 150+ projects, am not sure thats better idea.

Can you share your experience on quickly fixing things across multiple projects.

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
Matahapa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you found a way to update these without having to manage them individually?  We are also encountering the same problem after upgrading from 9.2 to 11.  It has been very frustrating and hp has not yet provided a fix on this to date!  In fact, our problems result in us having to entirely delete the user, then readd them back in.  As we are in the process of a testing phase, our users are questioning the usage of ALM and leadership personel are now hesitant to use this tool with requirements and other modules because of this problem.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. A_RuhlandK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We observed the same behaviour in our testing environment QC 11 Enterprise/Oracle and we decided to create all user-defined groups from scratch with "TDAdmin" as copy base. We experienced problems with user-defined groups already in earlier migrations (8.2 -> 9.2).

As QC 11 introduces many new permissions, you might be better off creating a vb script which recreates your udf groups, sets the permissions as required, removes all users from the old udf groups and assigns them to the new udf groups.

We did not do that as we have only 2 projects which are actively used.

HTH,

Armin

0 Likes
Matahapa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I am hesitant to do this as one of the corrupted users was a tdadmin user, but we're going to try it soon.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.