Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. pizzaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ALM and Office 2003 - not supported - data missing

Hello.

For anyone migrating, please consider this.  There is no support for ALM and Office 2003 / Excel 2003 / Word 2003.  This is for the Excel add on. 

I have an issue where description does not have all of the data.  There was no problem with QC 10 and Office 2003. 

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: ALM and Office 2003 - not supported - data missing

In order for HP to fix, we need to submit an enhancement request. 

Are we the only ones that will be on Office 2003 for a while?  If anyone else feels strongly about this and wants HP to fix this, please submit an enhancement request as soon as possible.  The more customers that HP is aware of, the sooner it will be addressed.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
noopur19 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are facing the same problem in our oraganization as well

HP ALM 11.0 Excel addin in not supported for Office 2003.

We are not migrating to Office 2007 and we already migrated to QC 11. HP should fix this issue for end users.

Noopur

0 Likes
Absent Member.. tarumalik Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I too observed the same problems.

Please do post if someone hears that HP is providing support for Excel 2003 to be used along with QC 11.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

This issue was fixed with SP2.  However, now I have another issue with Excel.  If you export all fields for Defects, then do an import, there is a problem with one field. 

The error is: 

Field 'Detected in Cycle': At least one of the cycles in the list was not found or cycle specified without full path.

I made no changes to the data.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Established Member.. PaulRegan
Established Member..

What do you mean "SP2".  Could you indicate which application SP2 refers to - Excel, ALM 11, or other.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Mark McNamara Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi there,

SP2 refers to ALM.

We are using MS Excel 2003 (SP3) with ALM 11 (Patch Level 6) and can export data to ALM without any problems whatsoever. It also worked fine at the previous ALM patch level SP2.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you.  I'm glad it worked for you.  Did you try exporting all fields and then importing all fields?  This is when I discovered a problem with the one field. 

Also, here is what I was told by HP Support:

"HP does not have plans to support MS Office 2003, and what I recommend you is to look for a way to upgrade your MS Office suite to a supported version"

Have a good day.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Subhankar-B Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi there,

ALM/QC 11 seems to be able to export and import to Excel 2003 with the latest patch (Patch 14).

I have not yet found any issue with Description or other Memo fields been truncated while exporting to Excel 2003.

Is anyone still facing the issue after applying the Patch 14?

Cheers!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.