Highlighted
Contributor.. LuisBatista Contributor..
Contributor..

ALM custom landing page

Hey guys, 

So for a while, I've been adding a custom link in the qcbin landing page named "Support" or "Help". I used to be an SSW rep and now I work for a partner that looks to improve new user adoption of the tool and make it easier. 

Some applications when you open it for the first time, like Octane, will show some pop-ups to guide you through the interface, we would like to do something similar to the landing page. 

The idea is to use for example the start_b.JSP (normally, it uses "a") to create a custom JSP page with a friendly information and links to the new or old user (who is about to move from 10 or 11 to a newer version) with information what type of user account to use (if not your normal AD ID for example), where is the user manual, etc. 

For QC 10, support made a guide on how to rebrand, and how to add links, but not sure if there is something new now or if any of you already went through this process. 

Any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ALM custom landing page

Starting with ALM 12.60 patch 1, customizing the login dialog is officially supported:
"You can customize the ALM Login window, so that you can share any special announcements or important events with users that are using the same ALM server. You create a content file and save it on the ALM server. Users can view this content from their ALM Desktop Client machines. For example, you can notify the users that the ALM server will not be available for use due to an upgrade.
For details, see the "Customizing the ALM Login Window" section in the ALM Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows"
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.