Established Member.. JoSidarta
Established Member..

Ability to debug ALM Workflow on Script Editor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using workflow customization lots for my clients, (ALM 11.5x, 12.x, 12.5x) and most of the time, I'm relying on 'msgbox' to display specific variable value at certain point in time. 

It would be nice if script editor is able to:

1) Have start/stop/watch variable functionalities

2) Ability to extract this 'watched variable' out to clipboard for further check (for instance "Comments" field consist with HTML code and it won't be enough to display it on msgbox)

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tuan_Nguyen_QC Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Ability to debug ALM Workflow on Script Editor

Jump to solution

Hi Sidarta,

Thank for your request.

Currently, the workflow does not have the functions that you expect. I think that you should open a ticket to technical support team to raise the Enhancement Request for the feature. They will submit it to R&D team and R&D team will consider to add the feature in future release of ALM if they think it's possible.

Thanks,

Tuan

"Micro Focus Support
If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance."
3 Replies
Highlighted
Tuan_Nguyen_QC Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Sidarta,

Thank for your request.

Currently, the workflow does not have the functions that you expect. I think that you should open a ticket to technical support team to raise the Enhancement Request for the feature. They will submit it to R&D team and R&D team will consider to add the feature in future release of ALM if they think it's possible.

Thanks,

Tuan

"Micro Focus Support
If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance."
Established Member.. JoSidarta
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Tuan, will raise ER accordingly

0 Likes
cpaterson Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,  I've not tried this but you could see if visual studio works for you:

http://makingofsoftware.com/2010/quality-center-workflow-debugging

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.