Absent Member.. ScottCoonradt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Add Fields into the Details of every Test Case

How do I add the Last Modified Date and Modified By fields to the Details tab of every test case by default? Bread crumbs to the details I’m talking about from QC, Testing (tab) -> Test Plan -> Subject -> Fronend Manufacturing Execution Systems -> Engineering Change Notice -> UFT Automation -> TC0001 – Verify .... Basically every test case from any product should include the additional details. What are the steps to accomplish this?

Version: HP QC 12.02, UFT 12.2

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Add Fields into the Details of every Test Case

Hello ScottCoonradt,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forums.

Regarding the question, are those user defined fields? I already take a look at the System field and I cannot see Last Modified Date and Modified By fields, if this are UDF’s it show be display in the detail tab.

Please let us know if this fields are user or systems fields.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. ScottCoonradt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

These are system fields available internally and used during the check in operation. Feel free to correct me on the internal names used, but would liked the version checked in, on what date and who performed the checkin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Alonso_S_QC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Scott, 

Thank you for your reply, you can create an user defined field and assigned the values that you required via workflow customization, as I understand you want to have the Version Control information of a check in and the user that change the estate, you can check the database reference in order to find the tables and columns that have this information:

http://alm-help.saas.hpe.com/en/Latest/api_refs/project_db/webframe.html

I think this is the information that you are looking for:

Column Name

Description

Datatype

Length

Allow Nulls

Formula

VC_OBJECT_KEY

The string representation of the key of the locked object of the entity identified by VC_OBJECT_TYPE.

varchar

VC_USER_NAME

The user name of the user locking the object.

varchar

VC_STATUS

The locked object status. This is a value from the VC Status custom list.

varchar

VC_DATE

The date the object was locked.

datetime

VC_TIME

The time the object was locked.

varchar

VC_VERSION

The locked object’s version.

varchar

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.