AG44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding a dependency within the Test Plan module HPQC 10

Within the test plan module (HPQC 10) there is the option to create dependencies between tests and resources, does anyone know how this is done?  I can view the dependency tab but can't work out how to create the dependencies.  Do I need an add on?

any help would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Adding a dependency within the Test Plan module HPQC 10

You can't create dependencies from Test Plan or even from Test Resources module. Dependencies are created for example when you have a UFT test use a certain external Action or other component.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
AG44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jan, I am a bit confused the user guide infers that dependencies are defined between tests & Resourses.  On a secondary point, what is a UFT test?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Yes, in UFT you can have several test scripts that are stored as Test Plan tests utilize the same Test Resource. But you can't create such dependencies from inside QC.

UFT is an HP tool for automating GUI and service tests. It can be integrated with ALM/QC.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Emma_Leigh_Walker
New Member.

Can dependencies be added via the LR-SCENARIOS that are created in Controller which is linked to ALM?

I am trying to find a way of easily identifying what test scripts are linked to scenarios. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Could you link to a custom requirement type? Or use a multivalue field with scenarios?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.