Highlighted
Super Contributor.. praveen_hpqc Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Any affect on test cases if i delete version history for project upgrade ?

Hi All,

@PhilTrostel

we are unable to do undo-checkout some entities in source because of db issue in hp alm project, so we are going to delete version history of the project.

question is : 1) is there any effect on test cases, req,etc if delete version history from VC_* tables.

2) after upgrade data will be same in destination or not.

For eg : some test cases modified in version number 3,4 now we are deleting project version history for upgrade purpose so will i get modified test cases in destination or initial test cases.

Appreciate if you help me.

Regards,

Praveen

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Any affect on test cases if i delete version history for project upgrade ?

You might try to use the ALM VC Alignment tool instead of deleting your history.

You can download from here: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01810473

Be sure to read the documentation included in the above KB.

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.