Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
ZeeKhan76 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Any ideas about: "A failure has occurred in the workflow script: function "Step_CanPost"

I have upgraded a couple of QC10 projects into ALM 11.52 and then to ALM 12.53.

After applying template custommization, I am getting this error message: " A Failure has occured in the workflow script: function "<Step_CanPost>"

Detail:

Error at Line 5030, (character 😎
Name redefined:
====================
' before being updated by a user in FieldChange
' NOTE: PreviousDevComm is should only be updated in MoveTo and FieldChange
==> public PreviousDevComm
====================

Any leads ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
jean_carlo1996 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Any ideas about: "A failure has occurred in the workflow script: function "Step_CanPos

ZeeKhan76

The error could happen because you do not have an RNobj which would represent the Run.

Try adding this before anything else in AfterPost:
Dim runId
Dim RNobj
runId = Run_Fields.Field("RN_RUN_ID").Value
Set RFact = TDConnection.RunFactory
Set RNobj= RFact.Item(runId).

I hope it help you.

0 Likes
ZeeKhan76 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Any ideas about: "A failure has occurred in the workflow script: function "Step_CanPos

Thanks for that Jean. I got to the resolution of the issue just by removing all the project level code (which was written in the QC10 world) and then applying the template customization to that project.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.