Highlighted
Absent Member.. AnSan Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Anyone else use LDAP to query Active Directory?

Hi all,

We've been succesfully using the LDAP functionality to query Active Directory, but we've run into an odd situation every once in a while.

On occasion, after entering an invalid password the users domain account becomes locked. Company standard is 5 failed entries in a row, so I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what Quality Center did once it failed to authenticate. Does it ping again with the same password several times? That would explain why accounts were immediately locking. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: Anyone else use LDAP to query Active Directory?

Confirmed that entering a password incorrectly locks the account.

Anyone run into something similar? Is it possible to configure exactly what the tool does when can't validate the password  the first time?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. A_RuhlandK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We have the same issue, but could not yet solve this problem.

Do you use several ldap server in Quality Center for authenticating your users?

We have two ldap server and seems that every server is requested two times when the first authentication request fails. That leads to 4 failed requests.

/ Armin

0 Likes
Absent Member..

We do have multiple LDAP servers set up, that was one theory I had as to why this would happen now and not before. I just haven't contacted networking yet while I reached out to HP.

The HP response:

"Nowadays is not possible to  configure how many times ALM retries authentication before it gives the 'Authentication failed' , this warning message came by default and there is no way to configure it."

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.