Highlighted
RockyV1 Contributor.
Contributor.

Automail to group of users when a new defect is opened - ALM 12.55

Jump to solution

My requirement is to trigger an automail to a group of users when a new defect is opened. We have a distribution list in outlook for this group of users. 

Is there anyway i can add this distribution list to the defect email list and setup automail to this DL?

Can i add this distribution list in the same way as we provide access to individual users?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Automail to group of users when a new defect is opened - ALM 12.55

Jump to solution

Yep, add a DL as a normal user into ALM SA/Project. Then in project's workflow replace individual username to DL username or add DL username similar to individual username in workflow. This sould work. 

Note: Ensure to have email address added while adding DL username in ALM SA. 

2 Replies
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yep, add a DL as a normal user into ALM SA/Project. Then in project's workflow replace individual username to DL username or add DL username similar to individual username in workflow. This sould work. 

Note: Ensure to have email address added while adding DL username in ALM SA. 

RockyV1 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you. Worked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.