Highlighted
DhirenSingh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automated ALM Profile creation on LDAP Authetication

Hi,

If HP Quality Center 12.5x is using LDAP Authentication is it possible to get the ALM profile created automatically. Reading through archived forums I saw in couple of posts it is mentioned as - on first login attepmt if the ALM Profile is not present in QC, it will try to import the profile from LDAP.

Does the automatic pull from LDAP works at time of login attempts?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Automated ALM Profile creation on LDAP Authetication

Dhiren, It is Possible, but the Service account or the account, which is been used to get this Utility (Automated, Using Site Admin API) has to be have the access to Site Admin. Then for the rest of user profile creating via LDAP is possible.

Since, By default ALM has the QC Authentication, to change such connections to LDAP, you need to login to Site Admin for the first time. which ideally is aQC Authentication.

So the user id, which you are about to use must be inside of the QC Central User list. To understand in detail, I suggest you go throught the User Management section preference in the Admin Guide.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.