Reto_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automated deployment of HP ALM 11 SP3 for Shared Environment (Citrix)

I need to deploy ALM 11 SP3 to Citrix Environment by automation (exe or badge), I can not the use manual link given "Install Shared Deployment for HP ALM Client" as we have  an enormous amount of Citrix Servers.

Is there a way to make an executable for shared environments?¨

What are the prerequisites

And what Rights are needed.

Thanks for the Help

Reto

0 Likes
3 Replies
Martin Sander Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Automated deployment of HP ALM 11 SP3 for Shared Environment (Citrix)

Hi

You can create an .msi file with the Shared Deloyment option and use that to install on all your servers - no ?

On the Add-ins Page look for the HP ALM Client MSI Generator

Thanks

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Reto_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found the MSI generator, but is still creates an MSI with GUI it would have to be batch executable

Doing it manually it works but as I stated  we have to deploy automatically

I tried  /s for silent mode  it runs (I guess)

but when a user connects to the server the "regular" download process starts and fails. It looks lit the installation by MSI did not work

Documentation of the MSI generator does not stat anything about mass deployment!

Are there specific parameter I have to add to the batch? Next to run in silent mode?

0 Likes
Martin Sander Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

I seem to remember we had a similar issue and we raised a call with HP. We had to download a different .msi generator to get the shared deployment to work correctly - i.e. when user logs on it doesn't do the download.

As regards deploying, our infrastructure group did that so I suspect it was done manually on all servers - about 40 I believe.

However, I suspect it could be packaged and run a /s - silent

Hope this helps

MArtin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.