raguvaran
Established Member.

Branching and versioning

I'm using HP ALM 12.21 and UFT 14.01 and they are connected successfully. I have an application that is currently in production and a new release is currently under development.

Now I use HP ALM and UFT to create Business-Process test cases to test the application in production. There are defects that are in the process of fixing and need to be tested.

Now, I need to create test cases for the release under development to test it too. However, if I do changes to the existing business components that would affect the test cases of the production release.

Is there a way like the idea of branching where I can have two versions of the same business component and can do changes to both versions whenever needed?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Branching and versioning

Hello, 

Yes, you can just do a back up or to have a copy of the business component. It is important to highlight that the BPT will not be affected after to be added to any Test Case.

Also you can find information about Business Components on the following link 

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.53/online_help/Content/BPT/c_comp_overview.htm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.