Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Mocoso Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can not Assign Folder To Cycle

Jump to solution
Hi guys! I hope you can help me...

I copied and renamed a template folder(with some test sets in it) in the Test Lab tree view and tried to assign an existing cycle to it. Then, I get the following message:

"The specified cycle is not valid for this folder"

Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WW239455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can not Assign Folder To Cycle

Jump to solution
It was probably copied under a folder that already has a cycle. Once a folder has a cycle, all its subfolders must be the same.
4 Replies
WW239455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
It was probably copied under a folder that already has a cycle. Once a folder has a cycle, all its subfolders must be the same.
Mocoso Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You are right WW239455. I had a folder up in the tree and other in the same level, both assigned to another cycle.

The problem was solved unassigning the parent folder to the cycle and assigning the two folders in the same level to different cycles.

Than you very much!
0 Likes
MichaelAmbrose Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, quick note to say this resolved the same issue for me after Googling the error message, thanks :)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you - This helped me solve my issue

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.