Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot change Localsheet data of included reusable action

Dear all,

I have a reusable action (called "Login"). which has Data in the Global and localsheet Data Table section.

If I include this resuable Login action - by Call to existing action -  in a new test and save the Data Table of the new test in the QC Resources tab than I :

• can change the global data of the included Login action
  • CANNOT change the localshhet data of the included Login action. It says the data is protected. (Even on the QTP side the data is protected against change.)

Any idea. Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot change Localsheet data of included reusable action

Hi, you can't change an Action which is inserted by "Call to existing Action" in the current test. You have to open the test conatining this Action in order to change something.

A.E.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot change Localsheet data of included reusable action

As stated in the above post, you will not be able to change the login datatable without opening the login test.

There are some other options to work with external actions that you may want to consider for your specific case:

(1) you can use call to copy of existing action - this will create a call to a new instance of the login action, this copy of the action will be editable, but the changes made will not be applied to your original login action.

(2) you can pass parameters through to the login action instead of using the datatable (thats what i do with my login actions). look at Edit -> Action -> Action Properties -> Parameters (tab) and QTP documentation to set this up. Let me know if i can provide any more information on this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.