Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. CPTLaura Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Clean uninstall of ALM Server components

Jump to solution

Hello!

Is there a list of everything that needs to be removed from the server installation of ALM to have a clean uninstall?

thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. shiv_p Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Clean uninstall of ALM Server components

Jump to solution

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1004470

Some traces will still be left in file system. Logs, repository conf files etc (Default location is <Drive>:/ProgramData/HP/ALM

Pls ensure you have a back-up for proejct repository, in case if you wish to restore at later stage.

8 Replies
Absent Member.. john scarpino Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Laura,

The following information and uninstall utility will be of assistance to you.

I hope this helps.

John Scarpino, D.Sc.

Keep finding bugs!

Title:   Uninstall utility for Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management Client 
Document ID:   KM1400068

An uninstall utility has been developed for QC/ALM that supersedes all previous uninstallation methods.

The utility will automatically detect all QC/ALM installations that currently exist on the client machine and it will provide options in which versions to remove.  The utility can also do a “full cleanup” where all QC/ALM related artifacts including common registry settings and files will be removed from the target computer.

The utility can be run in both UI mode and command line mode. The utility includes an integrated help with usage instructions including options/switches for the command line mode.

Note:Doing a full cleanup or removing the common installation of QC/ALM client will remove the connectivity components of ALM.  This will break tools that rely on the connectivity components such as testing tools and custom components.

For manual removal instructions or removal of older versions, please refer to the links below:
Document ID KM1400062 - How to manually uninstall Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management client files
Document ID KM1400071 - Where to download the older versions of the Uninstall utility for Quality Center

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you, John, but I am looking for information on how to uninstall server components...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. shiv_p Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1004470

Some traces will still be left in file system. Logs, repository conf files etc (Default location is <Drive>:/ProgramData/HP/ALM

Pls ensure you have a back-up for proejct repository, in case if you wish to restore at later stage.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thank you very much, Shivaram.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I also just found this information inthe ALM Installation Guide.

Thanks, Everyone!

0 Likes
Nick-Bennett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Could anyone send this to me?

0 Likes
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Nick,

Do you have a Passport Login to HPE Website?

Use the same to fetch up the content or else I am OK to paste the same over here...Unless HPE has nothing to say??

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Pavlo_Voronin Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

having the same issue. and i can't access the link :(

could you please post the content?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.