Highlighted
New Member.

Could not able to export a Large size of Project in HP ALM

When I'm exporting a large size of Project in HP ALM, I've encountered this error message "Server has been disconnected while performing ExportProject action". Can you please give me a suggestion on how to export a large size of project? Because I've tried the steps below but I've still encountered the same error message.

The QCP export process has almost no logic in it, simply a set of instrcutions.
1). Deactivate source project
2). rename the file repository  (say from SOURCE to SOURCE_X)
3). Create a new folder with the original name (ex SOURCE)
4). Create an empty subfolder called ProjRep
5). Copy the dbid,xml file to the new source folder
6). Export the project to QCP.  It will only move the database/schema tables into the QCP

(which is really just a zip file) the xml file and the emty folder.  Even a large and old project

should fall below 2gb (300MB is the largest I've seen)
7) .on the destination system, import the qcp, leave the project deactivated
8). copy the ProjRep from SOURCE_X to the destination project
9). delete the empty source folder on the original server, rename SOURCE_X back to the original name, and reactivate the original project
10). Run repair on new destination project.  Activate.

Advance Thanks!

2 Replies
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Could not able to export a Large size of Project in HP ALM

Hi

Thank you very much for post this method, we have used and we have solved our problem with a big project

We have used it for migrate from alm 12.21 to 12.60, and databases from Oracle 11 to MS SQL 2012.

What followed this steps:

The QCP export process has almost no logic in it, simply a set of instrcutions.

Origin Machine
1). Deactivate source project
2). rename the file repository  (say from SOURCE to SOURCE_X)
3). Create a new folder with the original name (ex SOURCE)
4). Create an empty subfolder called ProjRep
5). Copy the dbid,xml file to the new source folder
6). Edit  dbid,xml , delete "PUID line and save the file. (with this we are going to be able to re-import the proyect in same alm server or different alm server without problems)
7). Export the project to QCP.  It will only move the database/schema tables into the QCP

Destination machine
😎 .on the destination system, import the qcp, leave the project deactivated
9). copy the ProjRep from SOURCE_X to the destination project deleting the destination original ProjRep folder
10). Run Align Repository
11). Run Verify 
12). Run Repair
13). Run Verify
14). Run upgrade
15). Finally, activate project.

Hodei Urra
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Could not able to export a Large size of Project in HP ALM

So your suggestion is to hack the database files manually and hope it works on the other end.

Is Micro Focus going to fix this?
QCCR1J17611 was raised to show that the hard limits on file size stopped people from copying their production projects down into lower level environments.

This is how the real world is using the product, you've got to facilitate it surely!

"Enterprise" product my left foot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.