Absent Member.. Sabarish Mahade Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Create new defect in QC by email

Jump to solution
How can I open up a new defect in QC using information that is sent through email? I have production tickets with attachments that come in via email and have to be manually entered in QC as defects - I'm looking for a way to have this process automated - any in built features in QC that can help accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Create new defect in QC by email

Jump to solution
9 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You can add defects to QC using the Excel Add-in, but doing so from an E-mail may be much more difficult.

If you could create an excel report from your production ticket system, these could be imported into QC.

Email poses a difficult issue as the text would have to be parsed properly to complete the fields.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks for your response Rhonda. I will try adding it through the Excel Add in and see if it meets our needs. However, if I can define an email template and have users follow the template, is there a way where I could import the information into a QC Defect?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
There is also a Word add-in available. If you could make your template a Word document, this can also be imported into QC, however, the Excel add-in is more user friendly and easier to use.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Rhonda,

I tried using the Excel add in to import defects into QC, but there isn't an option to add attachments into the defect. Any workarounds that you could suggest? All production tickets will have attachments and we need this attachment added to QC as well.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Neftin Slava Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
There is an option to upload attachments from Excel starting from version 10.0.
Take a look on user's guide - page 14.
http://update.external.hp.com/qualitycenter/qc100/msoffice/msexcel/QCMSExcelAddin.pdf
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am not able to open below link:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1272310156384+28353475&threadId=1351335

Is the content migrated to any new link, If so could you pls provide that new link.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
Highlighted
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

> Is the content migrated to any new link

The content is still there but you'll have to search for it.  It was from three forum generations ago.

You could do a google search or look at all posts by Vladimir in that time frame of before 2010:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/5680

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Dennis,

I tried search Vladimir posts for contents "Creation of Defects by reading contents from email" but unfortunately could not find any supporting code or inputs provided from him on this topic.

If you are familiar with any easy search techniques could you pls give a try and let me know if you found anything on the same.

Regards,Srihari

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.