Highlighted
amariano Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Cross project customization: verification issue

Dear All,

I'm using cross project customization feature to allign several projects to same template.

In verification report now I read following difference between template and project, but I don't know what does it mean and why it appear, considering I've not changed anything in this project entities.

1. Project Entities 

2.1. Test  

2.1.1. System Fields

2.1.1.1.  'TS_SERVICE_TEST_MODE' Settings

Name: Edit Style

Before Propagation: ListCombo

After Propagation: TreeCombo

2.1.1.2.  'TS_TESTING_TOOL' Settings

2.1.1.3.  'TS_WORKING_MODE' Settings

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

AM

0 Likes
12 Replies
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Cross project customization: verification issue

I would guess that you modified a list by adding one or more subitems.

The field that references that list now has to change from simple combobox to a more complex selector to handle the change.

Trusted Contributor.

Thanks arichtman,

Do you know where are on Test Plan user interface this 3 fields ('TS_SERVICE_TEST_MODE', 'TS_TESTING_TOOL' , 'TS_WORKING_MODE' ) in order to check if something is changed?

I mean in one of folowing section: Details, Design steps, Parameters .... ?

AM

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Amariano,

Whats the final outcome of verification report?

Was it something like "Passed with warnings", in that case i dont think you have to make any changes to these system fields in Test Plan module.

You can proceed with rest of steps like applying customization.

Regards,Srihari

sheyenne Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't think they are externally viewable fields. They are part of the Test table, so they are properties of a test but I don't think you see their values explicitly.
Outstanding Contributor.

Since these are system fields you would not be able to modify or update them.

I am not sure but I suspect that these discrepancies are because the 2 projects are of different version origins where one still had the old settings.
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

You can find information on the fields and tables in the documentation - mind you get the correct version

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.60/api_refs/project_db/Default.htm

Trusted Contributor.

Dear Srihari, thank you.

Status of verification is "passed".

My concern was to understand what was changed in template because I haven't change anythink explicitly. I have only navigated system and custom fields!!

Anyway I think I can apply customization and don't notice any real trouble in target project.

Regards

AM

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't think it's you who changed it or any other user per se.  Remember these are system fields which means they are untouchable to users. It's the system that change it, or they didn't change it particularly.  What I was trying to say earlier is perhaps the projects being linked do not have the same origin versions.  I've ran into this situation before where the system fields where different (not changed simply different when compared) and I found that the issue was the projects were created from different versions of ALM.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks sheyenne, but in my case both project and template have been created by same versione of HP ALM (v12.55), if it is what you intend. 

And I have only navigated system and custom fields, non changes!! So .... it's a mystery!!!

Regards

AM

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Have you tried doing a Verify Project on each one? Repairing any errors or Realigning Repository? You also might want to check if the project has any extensions and if they are the same for each project.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Seems like a silly question but is the linked project created from the same template as what is being customized from? Since customization can happen when 2 projects are "homogenous" in a sense or molded alike
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Projects were created by same template and Projects and template were perfectly alligned to projects few days ago.

Now instead all projects linked to template have that differences, differences logged into verification report that I've generated for each project.

So I applied customization to one project to see if something changes, but no evidence of any malfunction and difference! Anyway, what really changed in target project !? .. I don't know...

It seems a sofware bug/issue anyway!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.