Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Date field format is inconsistent

Hi. I am using HP QC 10.00 enterprise edition.

I have observed that whenever I add a field with field type Date a user should be able to select from the calendar which is popped when clicked on the down arrow. But what I have observed is many users enter the date manually in incorrect format i.e.. dd/mm/yyyy format instead the default format is mm/dd/yyyy.

Is there any way to make the user edit the date field only using the calendar??

One more question. Is it possible that the format in which the date is stored is different in two different countries coz we are being reported with such weird issues!!

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Date field format is inconsistent

I think the way you enter day and see it depends on your client's locale.

However server will always store date in full DB format like 

Dy DD-Mon-YYYY HH24:MI:SS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Date field format is inconsistent

Hi Alex! Thanx for your reply! the issue is sorted now. thanx  a lot 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.