Paul Meyer_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Defect Grid in QC 9.2 - Export to Excel from the Grid - not getting all the data.

Jump to solution
When I am in the Defect Grid of QC 9.2 and I select some defects to export to EXCEL (Not through Excel Reports), the description and comments fields are truncated. Not all characters are coming over.

Anybody seen this issue and know how to fix it.

Note: if I export the data to Word, it works correctly.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shar_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Defect Grid in QC 9.2 - Export to Excel from the Grid - not getting all the data.

Jump to solution
This issue is identified as being fixed in Patch 11.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Defect Grid in QC 9.2 - Export to Excel from the Grid - not getting all the data.

Jump to solution
In the Excel version I am using, there is a cell size limit of 32,767 characters. So any fields larger than that will get truncated - not a QC issue, but an Excel issue.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Shawn Wales Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Same problem here.. and it is not an Excel 32k limit... the column is truncated at 265 characters.. but if I choose to save as Text it gets all the data.

Running Patch 9.
0 Likes
Valesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,
I am having the same problem as you guys do. When i export to Excel, I am not getting all details of the "Description" and "Comments" fields. Is there a solution for this. Can you guys please let me know if it has been reported to HP or not. Thank You.
0 Likes
Shar_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
This issue is identified as being fixed in Patch 11.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Valesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Shar,
Thanks for the info. Do you know when patch 11 will be available.
0 Likes
Shar_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
It's already available. You can access it by going to http://support.openview.hp.com/ and selecting Software patches (under Where do I find). You'll have to login and then you can search for patches and select the one you want.
0 Likes
Paul Meyer_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks - we will load Patch 11.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.