Kishoreb75 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Defect Module in ALM - Need help on restricting user group to select New while submitting the new

Hi,

It was observed that I can select any value other than 'New' while submitting a New Defect in ALM. I want to place restriction to select only New when a new defect is submitted. I placed transition rules in Defect module for group but it is not helping me.

1. How to restrict user/group to select only New in Status field while submitting new defect

2. How to display only required list of values in Status field based on group. I had the transition rules in place but I want to display only certain values as per the group

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
cmt8455 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Defect Module in ALM - Need help on restricting user group to select New while submitting the ne

Hello Kishoreb75.

1.  You can use this code in conjunction with your transition rules to not allow users to transition to New. Since New is the default value, you can set the Status field as read only for new defects. I applied this to all groups except TDAdmin, of course you can alter that to suit your needs.

If User.IsInGroup("TDAdmin") Then
    Bug_Fields.Field("BG_STATUS").IsReadOnly = False
Else
    Bug_Fields.Field("BG_STATUS").IsReadOnly = True
End If

2.  You can create each distinct project list you need then direct the user to the appropriate list by putting code in the MoveTo sub. For exapmle, you can use a series of Elseif statements like so:

If User.IsInGroup("<GROUP1>") Then
    Bug_Fields.Field("BG_STATUS").List = Lists("<CUSTOM LIST1>")   
Elseif User.IsInGroup("<GROUP2>") Then
    Bug_Fields.Field("BG_STATUS").List = Lists("<CUSTOM LIST1>")  
End If

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.