Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ashwin_N_S Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Different Error massages for wrong password input.

Hi All,

When users are providing wrong password in ALM, its is not giving a consistent error massage.

Some time we are receiving the normal error massage saying "wrong password" and other time error massages inducing "LDAP string duplication, please contact admin"(We have checked about LDAP string duplication, but there was no such problem).

Please find the screen prints as attachment.

I'm using ALM 11.52 in IE 11.

Can anyone explain why this occurs...?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Different Error massages for wrong password input.

I would guess you don't have perfect match between user IDs in ALM and in LDAP? And that one of the other search criteria might lead to a non-unique response? I would guess you need to review and perhaps modify the LDAP_SEARCH_USER_CRITERIA Site Parameter.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Ashwin_N_S Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Different Error massages for wrong password input.

Thank you for the suggestion, The LDAP_SEARCH_USER_CRITERIA we are using is given below.

LDAP_SEARCH_USER_CRITERIA  : “username,email,fullname,phone”

1. Kindly tell me, will this for some specific user?

Please note: For the past three week things are working normal. I’m not able to understand how this issue is suddenly popping-up.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.