Honored Contributor.. mark_ford Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Disable New Release From Template option?

With ALM when you link a Project to a Template and apply the Template to the Project, the New Release button obtains a second option to create a New Release From Template.  We link ALM Projects to a Template but we don't use this Template Release feature.  We'd like to either disable it or at least not have it be the default option so that New Release is the default.  Having to click the drop down and select New Release every time is tedious.

I know that un-linking the Project from the Template would do it, but we want the Project linked for other reasons.  Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Disable New Release From Template option?

You can easily hide menu items like this using the workflow. Just insert the following lines into the Template_EnterModule sub procedure:

If ActiveModule = "Releases" Then
       Actions("Release.NewReleaseFromTemplate").Visible = False
    End If
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Tags (1)
Honored Contributor..

Oh ya, I forgot it could be that simple.  Thanks Jan, you're the best!

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Interestingly enough, disabling this button only removes that option from the drop down list.  If you click the actual button on the tool bar, it still opens the New Release From Template pop-up.  That's the action I want to replace with the New Empty Release button.  So that didn't help at all in this case.

I was however able to reassign the action in ActionCanExecute so I'm able to fake it out at least.

If (ActionName = "Release.NewReleasePopup") Then
   Actions.Action("Release.NewEmptyRelease").Execute
   DefaultRes = false
End If

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.