Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Do you use QC with VersionOne?

Is anybody out there using the VersionOne product with the Quality Center integration features?  We're considering it, and I'd like to get impressions from folks who have already tried it.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Do you use QC with VersionOne?

What would be the reason to use VersionOne? Is your organization ready to move to SaaS?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

The reason is irrelevant.  I'm asking for input from folks already using this combination.

If you are interested in learning about the VersionOne product, visit their web site at http://www.versionone.com

Thanks.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
cssaleh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We use VersionOne and utilized the Integration Tool provided with V1 to sync with QC. We tried to approaches

one was the out of the box functionality of the Integration Tool which sync the acceptance tests created for the backlogs in VersionOne to QC. From there as you perform the testing, the test status gets synced from QC to VersionOne. For the most part that is pretty straight forward.

Second method was to add functionality to the Integration tool where backlogs created in V1 synced in QC as requirements, as well as the test created in V1 and there status. Also, failed tests created issues in V1. We nearly had it working and functioning fully. However, it was a major pain to maintain. Any updates or upgrades to QC would cause problems.

The truth is, if we had enough resources to maintain the customized integration tool, it probably would work out great. But, it was not feasible as we could not devote exclusive resources to maintain and upkeep it.

If I had the choice, I would not use VersionOne and QC together. I would opt for either the ALM to do all the tasks for SDLC or VersionOne and something more compatible. But, it was not my call and I had to play the cards I was dealt.

Side note: I did try the Tasktop tool to sync VersionOne with QC as well as other tools and I must say, it seemed more seamless and efficient. It came down to the cost.

This is my personal opinions as the QC admin and Lead QE engineer, and not anyone else.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

cssaleh,

Thank you very much for your input. That was the opinion I was forming also, like you as the QC Admin and Sr. QA Engineer. We are not yet committed to V1, but are evaluating it and other Agile products.

cssaleh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sure. No problem.

We are on pretty much commited to VersionOne which is an excellent tool for managing SDLC project. It just lack the ability to provide a comprehensive testing traceability which QA needs to continue to impove testing process and identify high risk components of a system being developed. I am sure you know what that does to the QA process.

Cheers

Joe Smith Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Trudy,

HPQC entities can be integrated with VersionOne entities using OpsHub Integration Manager.

A potential use case can be as follows:

• A Backlog Item of VersionOne syncs to HPALM Requirement with status, priority, & attachments.
  • QA team adds test case to requirement in HPALM and starts testing.
  • On test case failure, QA Team logs a Defect in HPALM which synchronizes to VersionOne Defect and gets linked to respective VersionOne Backlog Item.
  • VersionOne team fixes the defect and marks the Defect as ‘Closed’ which will get reflected in corresponding HPALM Defect.
  • QA Team runs the test case again and passes the testcase. QA team marks the status of Requirement as ‘Closed’ which will synchronize back to VersionOne Backlog Item as ‘Closed’.

Read about VersionOne HPQC integration in detail here: https://www.opshub.com/versionone-integration/versionone-hpqc-integration/.

For more information, please reach out to our experts by filling this form: https://www.opshub.com/contact-us/

Regards,

Joe Smith

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.