BigDaddy0 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Domain Authenticated ALM, How to add a New Local user

Jump to solution

Our ALM is setup to authenticate with AD which works great but...

We want to add a single user to ALM that is not an AD account and give it read only access so we can use it for pulling reports. 

I tried, but it's telling me that the Domain Authentication field must be filled out.  Is there something I can do to create a Local account?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Domain Authenticated ALM, How to add a New Local user

Jump to solution

The ALM system does not support mixed authentication methods.

When it is set to use LDAP, all user accounts are authenticated against LDAP and no user passwords are stored in ALM.

Otherwise, it authenticates against its own user database and all passwords are stored therein.

You can't have both.

In my environment, we have created Service Accounts in Active Directory for this sort of task. The Service Accounts don't have access to many resources that a live employee has, but this allows us to have "read-only" logins for systems that authenticate against AD, like the ALM system.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Domain Authenticated ALM, How to add a New Local user

Jump to solution

The ALM system does not support mixed authentication methods.

When it is set to use LDAP, all user accounts are authenticated against LDAP and no user passwords are stored in ALM.

Otherwise, it authenticates against its own user database and all passwords are stored therein.

You can't have both.

In my environment, we have created Service Accounts in Active Directory for this sort of task. The Service Accounts don't have access to many resources that a live employee has, but this allows us to have "read-only" logins for systems that authenticate against AD, like the ALM system.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.